The primary responsibilities of the Family Events Liaisons are to:
- Provide oversight and coordination of family events including:
-Family Sports Nights - Charlotte Checkers and Charlotte Hornets events.
-Student’s Choice Dance
-5th Grade Talent Show
- Plan and execute events, advertise with the assistance of Communications Director and communicate with Volunteer Coordinator for staffing needs
The primary responsibilities of the Treasurer are to:
- Receive and disburse all PTO funds per bylaws and authorization of PTO board
- Manage and file accurate record of receipts, expenditures and statements
- Present financial statements at each board meeting and share with Communications Director to ensure website has current information available to General Membership
- Work with Board to prepare an annual budget.
- Solicit membership approval for additional expenses or budget amendments
- File all necessary tax forms and sign all checks
- Conduct yearly audit with Vice President and two General Membership PTO members (non-Board)
The primary responsibilities of the VP of Fundraising are to:
- Serve as primary point of contact for fundraising activities, including BoosterThon
- Ensure all fundraising events are scheduled and communicate with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure staffing
- Oversee collections (may include a committee) from Harris Teeter, Publix, BoxTops,Coke Caps
- Oversee Spiritwear (may work with a chairperson)
- Oversee School Store (may work with a chairperson)
- Oversee 5th Grade Graduation Yard Sign sale
The primary responsibilities of the VP of Fundraising - IIYC are to:
- Plan and manage spring and fall IIYC campaigns
- Produce an informational flyer and order Comet cups (TotallyPromotional.com) for distribution at Open House
- Maintain spreadsheet (housed on shared Google Drive) tracking donations from families as well as corporate matches
- Receive any checks, complete deposit request forms and deliver to Treasurer
- Maintain or oversee IIYC bulletin board with updated IIYC totals, participation percentages and goals
- Track expenditures and revenue for IIYC
- Plan raffles for end of campaigns and work with Communications Director to advertise
- Plan goal celebrations, ensure they are scheduled and completed
The primary responsibilities of the Teacher Appreciation Coordinator are to:
- Plan, coordinate and execute monthly teacher & staff appreciation gifts or events
- Coordinate staff breakfast on first working day for teachers at the start of the school year, exact date to be provided by principal
- Coordinate appreciation gifts for special recognition days
- Provide oversight and coordination of annual teacher appreciation luncheon for all teachers and staff
The primary responsibilities of the Vice President are to:
- Assist the President
- Carry out duties of President in their absence and succeed the President in the following school year
- Serve on and oversee the Nomination Committee (of 2 additional Board members) to plan for future Board
- Oversee supply kit fundraiser
The primary responsibilities of the Community Liaison are to:
- Partner with businesses and other organizations in the community to build positive relationships
- Provide oversight for Skate Nights and Family Dining Nights
The primary responsibilities of the President are to:
- Set direction for Board to ensure maximum value (funds, volunteers and events) is passed along to the students and staff of Cox Mill Elementary.
- Organize, facilitate and lead all PTO Board meetings.
- Serve as primary contact for school administration and PTO Teacher Representative
- Planning and facilitation of PTO presentation for Kindergarten Camp.
- Work with school IT and Board Secretary to plan and update marquee messages.
- Facilitate voting for and work with sponsor to deliver Teacher of the Month prizes.
- Manage grant requests, respond to requests, manage purchase of and delivery of requests
- Plan, facilitate and staff Holiday Shop.
The primary responsibilities of the Director of Communications are to:
- Provide oversight to and manage all updates to PTO website
- Facilitate all communication activities (Facebook, Instagram, email, newsletter, website)
- Aid other PTO board members in creating advertising flyers, social media posts, newsletter pieces about events/campaigns
- Organize, create and distribute PTO newsletter twice a month
- Maintain grade level lists of parent emails on Constant Contact for newsletters and other email communications
- Direct any questions received via social media or PTO website to the Board member responsible for that area
- Update email forwarding as Board positions change
The primary responsibilities of the Secretary are to:
- Record all business at each Board meeting
- Distribute minutes to Board via email and/or uploading to shared drive
- After minutes are approved upload to PTO website
- Maintain PTO calendar.
The primary responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator are to:
- Encourage parents to join and volunteer for CMES activities
- Maintain comprehensive list of members and volunteering preferences
- Work with other members of PTO Board to ensure all events are staffed when volunteers are needed
- Coordinate annual BooHoo/WooHoo Breakfast and Volunteer Interest Meeting
- Coordinate and fulfill requests for Helping Hands requests from teachers and staff